Tuesday, March 31, 2009

cafe ruah -> almost getting a tat -> beauty pageant

last Saturday was interesting....
went to work as usual....(i can't believe i had to work on MOST Saturdays)
later evening, went to cemetery....it's been awhile since i visited my grandpas grave...
rushed back home, and headed out with bro to St. Theressa's church
the youth of all churches in Malacca had a thingie called "Cafe Ruah"
it's where the youth gathers and just mingle
we had it in a hall with "romantic" candles on the table, youths playing an instrument or sing.....kinda like a bistro
all i did was sulk in the pathetic excuse of a chair the second i got there....
never lifted my butt till the night ended
didn't want to go.....but teman'ed' my bro....also, wasn't exactly up for an earth hour home with my folks, so just getting out of the house seems like a good idea
anyway, had fun looking at teenagers.....wished i was still one....the life of no worries

then Sunday came along.....
didn't feel like teaching the kids anything.......just didn't have the mood
guess I'm still in the "in-between-phase"
but managed to go through my lesson without releasing any anger on my kids
later when classes were over, waited for bro to finish lecturing the youths for some disaster they had caused
that went by short....cos he really didn't want to be the middle guy to lecture those youths
so both of us were just not in a happy place that day
and so i drove us to a tattoo parlor...ever ready to get a permanent ink
i was just a closed-door away from getting a tat......lucky thing the guy was out for lunch
being a no-patience-in-waiting kinda person, i left.
no tats now, but I'm still considering
just found a design that I really really want....just need the courage to do it.

and then, there's today
well, there is this Miss Public Bank Beauty Pageant coming up next year
and the centre I'm working at are suppose to send 1 contestant for the preliminary round during this years annual dinner...and most of my colleagues are kinda forcing/encouraging/persuading me to represent our centre....
like any other beauty pageant, there's evening gown, talent, swimwear and Q&A category
as much as I wanted to submit my application......i just don't have the guts.....
a friend told me if I were to do it for my colleagues, then it's a waste of time...which is true
but I DID wanna participate to challenge myself.....cos it would be fun and it's something I'd like to do
but in the end of the day, I caved into my fear of wearing a swimsuit in public -.-'''
I have no fear of being in the public's eye, been there, done that......but just not where I have to parade around my body in a swimsuit in front of the whole world.....(ok, I'm exaggerating)
I don't mind if I had to do it in front of group of strangers but in front of my people I work with?
imagine my "baby fats" flabbing (is this even a word?) around my waist....waiting to catch a glimpse to every eye out there during the annual dinner....OMG
I can wear as little as a miniskirt or shorts with blouses or tank tops
but swimsuit or bikini......no thanks!!!

~jolie @ the shy girl who needs more guts if she were to participate in the pageant~

No comments: