Saturday, April 11, 2009

in a dilemma

i'm torn between continuing my degree when i already have a secured job, but it's not a job that i want/like.....
it's hard to make a decision when it feels like parents are depending on you....
told myself to be selfish and do what i want for a change since all this while i've been doing what they tell me to... =(
spoke to my lecturer and she asked whether i wanted to continue my degree
ever since i graduated in 2006, i have always wanted to pursue my degree but at that time i just didn't have the financial means to do it
and was lack of a few points for a scholarship
so i gave up then and was also lacking the determination to continuing studying
so i end up working
it's not easy....having to look at your friends with degrees and doing what they like doing
i admit, am a lil jealous
so that plays s a small factor on my decision to continue study
another is cos a diploma is like water to the working life...means nothing
there is a vast difference in salary between a diploma holder and a degree holder
and i want to latter.....
i have to let my parents know about my decision cos this will affect them financially too
if i were to continue, i would have to give up alot
no more buying unnecessary stuff....no more shopping for the sake of just shopping
gonna have to concentrate on just studying for 2 more years so that i can secure another job which hopefully pays well by the time i graduate
i have to make a decision
for me, it's now or never
cos the course i wanna continue is in june
lecturer told me that if i were to join this intake, there'll be a 10% discount on the total fees
which definitely helps
cos the course i'm planning to pursue is not very cheap
gonna have to apply again for college scholarship, if not, find some foundation to help, lastly ptptn
a friend told me, "you're still young" and of course i agree
but there's just so many things to think through before i make this decision....
dilemma! dilemma! dilemma!

No comments: